August 19 - Be the change AND the most powerful word we can use

I have a friend whom I have known for nearly 50 years.  He lost his battle with cancer yesterday.  I so desperately wanted to visit him today but he went on a day ahead. I waited too long to share my brotherly love for him and the love of Jesus Christ...

Act on the that 'little' voice inside.  Think globally and act locally!  Let me tell you something.  Do you know what the most powerful word in our language is?  It is the person's first name used in a positive way. 

"John, thanks for helping me today, I hope you have a great week!"
"Kristy, I want to say, I noticed you were very nice to that person (when they weren't).  Keep up the caring work."

How hard is that to do?  If you saw the Shoulder Taps video from the prior blog, you get that.

If you are in a retail store and you see their name tag... it's there for a reason.  I tried hard to remember and use the names of the techs and nurses who cared for me at Hopkins. If you mean it when you say it, you make that person's day.  And, this may be a little selfish for me to say, those people that you treat nicely, actually will treat you better!

Take a few minutes and watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8oJV_mBY9g
This is a general video but good.

Then watch this video from a website I created/manage (didn't work for the public so here is the original):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJpyVoFMtWA
This shows that little things can mean a lot...

So... "BE THE CHANGE" or "BE A JOHNNY" -- you will reap more than you sow!

On the MDS front, I continue to be challenged with fatigue and malaise every day.  It is just that some days are better and I'm grateful for that.  Still fighting the CMV and looking forward to the day when my new bone marrow kicks in. Still getting transfusions every week... but I feel blessed by all of you around me and that I can get up each day and perhaps, be the change in someone's day or life.

You all have a great week AND may God bless you!
Tripp



Comments

  1. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three (3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster Dr Azuka have help a man to get back her wife and i gave him a reply to his email (dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com) and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 24 hours  that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Azuka..or add him up on whats-app +44 7520 636249

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

Sept 18 - Challenges, challenges....