January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

In the last 2 weeks, we received much amazing news.  In quick succession, we found out:
  • I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant (actually, it is a stem cell transplant) at Johns Hopkins on March 9.
  • All four of our children were matches for the transplant.
  • The one child I didn't expect to be the donor is..... ?
 [Listen to the audioblog post below for who it is!]


As previously mentioned, the IDHIFA oral chemotherpay worked miraculously on my MDS and the blast count in my bone marrow dropped below the 5% cut-off for consideration of a bone marrow (or stem cell) transplant.

As exciting as this is, the reality of the details of getting the bone marrow transplant have set in:
  • Getting all of the extensive testing (CT scans, Echocardiogram, EKG, PFT's, lab, repeat Bone Marrow Biopsy 😓etc) needs to be done prior to the transplant.
  • Finding a place to live for the 2+ months Jan and I will be in Baltimore (so as to get treatments and checkups at Johns Hopkins on a daily basis!)
  • Making arrangements for my absence from Skyline Family Practice during this time (don't worry, we will be open. Sarah our nurse practitioner will be available plus physicians who've agreed to help during this time).
I ask that you all continue to pray for my family and I during this time.  I would also ask that you go to my gofundme page to help out if you want.  GoFundMe Link


As I stated at our church (Riverton UMC), we have been blessed by your prayers and I shared all the miracles and blessing that have occurred thus far.   THANK YOU and MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

Comments

  1. Praying for your complete and quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just learned of your health challenges. Life definitely throws us curve balls, but it's our faith in Christ that helps us endure and overcome. Family is everything as you shared. My prayers are with you today and always. Take take my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family. Our family will be praying that everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery......you got this Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have you in all our prayers and know you will receive the same blessings of healing that you have been the vehicle of for so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray over your family that ALL procedures go well. Wisdom in every situation. That Tripp's body lines up with the Word of God that divine healing manifest throughout his body. Every cell and organ functions the way God created it to function. Prayers for peace and strength over the family and Godly wisdom in every situation. You will walk and not faint, run and not grow weary, in Jesus Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been praying for you and will continue. You continue to be an inspiration to all of us, Tripp.

      Delete
  7. You are an inspiration Doc-Hang in there!!!!! YA have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying all goes well. and that you will have a speedy recovery. I will miss you & Jan when I come in to the office, but I feel you left me in good hands. Take care Doc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital