April 10 - T - 0 - Launch

I am sorry that I have not posted in the 3-4 days (haven't had my usual computer resouces).  During this time, I've been in the hopital.  On Satuday, a dry cough was worse and I had a fever 102.7.  Turns out I had rhinovirus (a little more malicious in someone with no immune system) which led to a L lobe pneumococcal pneumonia.  Triple antibiotic therapy. O2 support.  Slowly better. As soon as yesterday, they were just about ready to cancel Erika's peripheral stem cell harvest because they thought I was too sick!  Then at the last moment, they recounted.   I would have felt VERY bad for Erika who had been self-injecting Neupogen for the 5 days prior (with all the side effects).

Yesterday, as I mentioned, we moved forward although I am still sick and received the Total Body Irradiation.  7 minutes on one side and I was flipped to get the 7 minutes.

 Strange, face felt like a sun-overexposure and last that night my mouth had membranes (much like biting on to a too hot pizza and the after affects).

"Good" night last night, got a few hours of sleep without coughing my 'liver' out.  Ready today.
Erika's stem cell harvest as apparently more than they needed.  Sidebar: Kristin, Justin and Aaron have been there for Erika (and Jan and I) and traveled up here to help.  God bless them.

More to come later when I feel better.  Transplant team getting ready to come into room.
Keep the prayers coming!

Comments

  1. Sally and Paul EhlersApril 10, 2018 at 9:53 AM

    Love you ALL. Our prayers are with you. The power of positive thoughts are with you, as well. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are amazing together.what a testimony you shall have. God's peace to you all.
    Margie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for healing for you and Erika. Prayers for strength for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and continued blessings to you and your entire family, Dr. Bradd! May you feel the love and caring of this entire community surrounding and supporting you, body, mind and spirit, as you move forward on this path, healing you as you go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital