March 19 - I can only imagine...

I've been stuck at home recovering from this pericarditis as I wait to start the reassessments and testing to see if I can proceed with the rescheduled chemotherapy, radiation and stem cell transplant which will start again (prayerfully hoped for) on April 4th.



A movie opened on 3/16 (which I was able to attend behind a surgical mask) - "I Can Only Imagine" whose title is based on the break-out best selling song by MercyMe.  What a great movie; no matter where you are in your personal faith journey!  The movie is about Bart Millard (lead singer for MercyMe) and his tough life as a child and his abusive father (played well by Dennis Quaid) - you'll have to watch the movie to see what happens!  The song itself, if you have never heard it, is great (the song linked to the image above.)  This song is inspiring, humbling and so hopeful.



Yesterday, the Adult Sunday School class (Larry Moore's class) hosted a Spaghetti Luncheon Dinner at Riverton United Methodist Church.  People came over 3 1/2 hours to have spaghetti, a salad and dessert.  I am so grateful for this event.  My doctor told me I couldn't attend this huggable event!  Jan was my representative (bless you my bride!)  I want to thank all of those who put on the event and those that turned out.

Tomorrow, I go for my 6th bone marrow biopsy (along with CT Scans and lab) at Johns Hopkins.  Jan and I ask for travel mercies and that the tests lead to the stem cell transplant without a glitches.

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Continued prayers Dr. Bradd and family!! (This song has special meaning to me, and I’m sure many others. I have been waiting for this movie to come out and can’t wait to see it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I agree with Addie! My brother sent me a CD with two songs on it by a fella from the same town as his family lives. I Can Only Imagine is one of the two! It is a song that Dustin and I have listened to, and sung along with, many, many times. Special prayers and love to you and Jan (and the rest of the kaboodle) for tomorrow and days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you dr bradd!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital