March 11 - Prior launch 'scrubbed' now back in 'pre-launch' sequence.

First a big thank you!  Many of you have contributed through the GoFundMe page and it has been nothing short of humbling and miraculous.  Thanks so much.

I am sorry that I haven't been as timely as I have in the past but I was pretty sick.  As previously stated, I threw Johns Hopkins a curve ball.  The IDHIFA, great drug that it was, caused me to have what I believe is a variation of the differentiation syndrome (technical explanation) that IDHIFA can cause.  Coming off the ibuprofen let it blossom into the pericarditis (with the associated atrial fibrillation).  I am getting better but I am as weak as a kitten.

Good news is we are BACK ON for another attempt for stem cell transplant!  So, the prior mission was 'scubbed' (using the NASA analogy) and now the pre-launch sequence starts again on 4/4 with launch (stem cell transplant) on 4/10 at Johns Hopkins.  

That is... if all systems are 'nominal'.  Please pray that all the retesting goes off without a hitch and that I recover from the pericarditis with no more atrial fibrillation recurrences.



The first of the 7 doctors coming here has arrived and will start March 12th.  We now have 7 doctors from across the U.S. (SC, TN, NJ, OH, TN, WA) who are coming to work 1-2 weeks at a time.  All of these doctors have received national awards on quality and excellence whom I've come to know over the last 23 years in which we've been associated with a national research foundation (PPRNET) based out of Charleston, SC.  They are dear friends and have graciously offered the time and talents to see our patients.

Not to be remiss, local physicians, Dr.Tom Patteson, Dr Tommy Ball and Dr. Mendez will be coming to help out off and on during this time with much appreciation as well.  

We are blessed.  Keep the prayers coming ... They are felt AND APPRECIATED.  God bless you all.  Tripp

Comments

  1. It's so great that you have an "all-star" team of doctors coming to fill in your absence, Tripp! Deep respect and love for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you’ve been “scrubbed”! It must be so disappointing. Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tripp, you have always been a great friend. You have been on my church's intercessory prayer list since I got word of your illness. Your family and friends have your back, with the Good Lord's guidance you work on healing your body. As always your humble friend, Skip Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas, Christian, Rod and I are keeping you and your family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital