February 17 - News story with an unusual slant

I got a call from Max Lee at the Northern Virginia Daily.  He interviewed me and was interested on why I chose to use a GoFundMe page.  I explained to him how the cost of cancer treatment levels all playing fields and I needed help.  I also stated HOW WONDERFUL our friends and family were in supporting Jan and I.   Here is the article linkHe did a good job overall.  The only corrections were that IDHIFA is a pill and not a vial (I guess he thought I was injecting this chemotherapeutic drug each day - Ouch 😉) AND they were football games I went to while getting chemotherapy last fall (then with the injectable drug - VIDAZA - which I got at the Shenandoah Oncology Center) [that was tough doing that!].  Any way, I have been busy getting docs to cover the practice (more on that blessing later) and getting ready to go to Baltimore with Jan for the stem cell transplant.

Comments

  1. I think about you and your struggle, often, and wish you well in your journey back to health!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital