June 23 - Chemo cycle #4 - starts today

Today, I started my fourth week of chemotherapy in the 12+ weeks since my diagnosis.  I think I've called it a 'grind' and indeed it is.  Today, for some reason the staff had a hard time getting going at the Cancer center and I arrived late at work today and remained behind the rest of the day.  This is particularly hard since I was already tired and mildly nauseated through the whole day.  My ANC is over 1000 in my red cell counts are slightly up from last month.  This is hopeful.

I have been telling folks that "I don't deserve to feel as good as I do".  I think I'll take that back today!  All in all, God is good and I am blessed.  Again, thanks for all the prayers sent to my family and I.  Especially, my dear wife, Jan!!

BTW, the week before last week, I able to go to the Outer Banks with my family.  We were all in a beach house right on the beach.  All 16 of us!  As hectic as it may have sometimes been, it was a restful time with the family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital