May 23 - "Run and not grow weary"

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40:29-31

Today, I was thinking about these verses (while I was waiting in the Cancer Center while they mixed up my shots) and found it to share with you.  Yesterday, was the first day (of 5) for week 3 of chemotherapy with Vidaza.  The injections went off without a hitch but later in day... Moderately severe abdominal pain (cramping) with nausea...  Expected side effects but the first time as severe as they've been.  This verse today, after being up off and on last night will help sustain me.

I hope today that the wind is at your back and the tread soft underfoot.  But... If not, God will sustain you and "renew your strength" and  you will "soar on wing like an eagles"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital