May 19 - Understanding the blessings we have

I happened across a compilation video of Craig Dietz I did last year. I will let you see the video.  I know Craig.  He is upstanding young man.  He took and passed the bar (without accommodations) and is a lawyer for Harrisburg, PA. He is married. He is also a swimmer.  He happens to have been born without any arms or legs.   Jim Pittar is an Australian.  I know him. He has swum the Cooke Straight (between North and South New Zealand), the English Channel but also across the Chesapeake Bay.  He happens to be totally blind .  Just think what it takes to fly from Australia, be led down to the water's edge and then have a kayaker (by whistle) guide you across the Chesapeake Bay!

Here is the link for Craig's compilation: https://youtu.be/KrP8RjZdVQc

On the hardest of days both before and after my diagnosis, I THANK GOD for all the blessings I have.  I sometimes think of some of those blessings when I think of Craig, Jim, Debbie Llewellyn (whom many of you know).  I can get up, dress myself, eat a meal, read a book and move around with relative ease.  Be thankful for your friends and family, your relative lack of infirmities, your FAITH and YOUR GOD most of all.  One day soon I hope to be back in the pool and preparing for another open water swim.  Until then, I have a LOT to be thankful for.  I am THANKFUL for each and every one of you!  May GOD richly bless you.  Next week is the chemo week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital