April 28 - Chemo done... Again...

Sorry for late entry.  The chemotherapy last week was just a 'grind' -- I saw patients all last week but just tired and the injections in the abdomen... well, it's getting old.  But, again, a lot to be thankful for!  On Monday last week (April 24) my ANC (absolute white count) was 480.  For those who know, this means my white count to fight infection was very low.  Our great staff reminded me to "mask up" (with my glasses) on for those folks who have respiratory infections.

A disappointment last week was the fact that (Jan and) I had to bail on going this past weekend (4/28-30) to Las Vegas for the research meeting with PPRNet (Primary care Practice Research Network)*.  Was hoping to catch a meal and a show with Jan on Saturday night before heading back on Sunday.  Sometimes, you gotta listen to that quiet voice of wisdom (a.k.a the Holy Spirit) when loved ones expressed concern over the travel.  Well, after prayer, I listed.  Turns out I was wiped out with fatigue and slept a lot of the weekend anyway. Too boot, the prior tooth that had a crown done earlier this year got inflamed (and did respond to the clindamycin). All's well that ends well...  It would NOT have been a good trip had I gone!

Hoping the WBC (ANC) is up later this week so I don't have the specter of infection hanging over my head. We will see...

On a positive note: "The Case for Christ" that Riverton UMC is presenting churchwide seems to really be 'lighting things up' (for Christ).  I would welcome ALL to come to the services (10AM) and make sure you say hello.  If you can't make it, the sermons are streamed live on FaceBook (search Riverton United Methodist Church). Personally, Jan and I have taught the high schoolers before but this time I am reading the new edition of "The Case for Christ" and I am getting more this time around.  Come on by on Sundays!

*Was able to teleconference with FaceTime with Dr. Ornstein and the other research participants on Saturday.  Gotta love technology...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital