March 27 - Chemo starts

Checked into the cancer center this AM for my chemo with the prerequisite lab work.  Counts are about the same and platelets holding steady at 94,000.  We'll see when the nadir (expected lowest counts) comes in about 2 weeks.

All the staff are very nice.  I believe I threw the nurse a 'curve ball' by telling her I remember Dr Gemma telling use the azacitidine was to be IV.  She gave it subcutaneously - in each arm.   All of this took about 1 hour and 20 minutes which I count as being the NKOB (new kid on the block).

Very tired today and just slightly nauseated (predosed with Ondansetron - aka Zofran) but not enough to slap on the transdermal patch they gave me (Sancuso - granisetron).  I came to the office late, but had, thankfully, a relatively light day. Can't wait to get home a kick my feet up.

Had occasion to see the friends and family responses on FaceBook and this site.  What a blessing my family and I have to have such folks looking out for us.  Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital