March 26 - "Coming out of the closet" - revealing the diagnosis publically

[This is a little longer so I encourage to you to click on the "Read More"]
Today, after prayer, and thanks to those who've prayed before this day, I revealed my diagnosis at church when my pastor, Marc, at Riverton UMC asked me to speak after I went forward for prayer.
What follows is paraphrased:
"... First I speak through the grace of GOD and Jesus Christ, my savior.  I want to thank all of those who've privately prayed for my family and I to this point.  I am coming 'out of the closet' (in a good way) regarding the diagnosis of... MYELODYSPLASIA*, a low grade cancer of the bone marrow [which I found out I had on Thursday]... I beseech that you pray for my family and I as I enter into this trial before me.  I also ask you pray for those may come to know our Lord, Jesus Christ, as a result of this trial...Thank you."

*Read March 23 for more details on Myelodysplasia

I realize now the release of not having to keep this among my family and few others who knew. The "public" release and then prayer request came after my prayers on how to navigate this. Asking for God's help in this was answered!

I realize now that this will open up the information so others can pray.  It also quells the rumors that would invariably arise in a small town (or elsewhere).  By going "public" and using this site, I hope to also help others understand they aren't alone.   Oh, and before I forget, I will continue to practice Family Medicine through this (No I won't be retiring).

Chemotherapy starts tomorrow - then back to the office after chemo to finish out the day!

Thanks to everyone's support recently and I thank those who will continue to be prayer warriors during this time.  God is good all the time, and all the time ... (you finish it).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital