March 16 - Call from Dr. Gemma

I had a very nice conversation with Dr. Gemma by phone.  The preliminary results reveal that I probably have myelodysplasia based on the flow cytometry.  I only have 5% blasts (immature WBC's and occasionally cancer like cells) in my bone marrow which is good in many ways.  We did talk about chemotherapy and other treatments but we'll have to wait until next Thursday (March 23) to discuss the cytogenetic studies (which will be back by then).  This information will also give prognostic indicators.  We will have to see what he says.  Keep your prayers coming for my dear wife, Jan, who is my rock but she still shaken by this process (but you would never know that). She is such a great person.  Keeping in prayer.

Life is a bit of bear these days since I am so fatigued - thanks to a great family, wife and great office staff, I am making it through the days fairly well.  Would love to get back in the pool and exercise.   I did order a stationary recumbent bike.  I am hoping that this will give me the ability to maintain some strength and aerobic capacity since getting to the gym/pool is very difficult these days based on the demands of the practice (and how inefficient I am due to the anemia)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 28 - Just in - I am going to receive a bone marrow transplant

February 16 - New Information

May 29 - Out of the hospital